Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"In the Big Inning..."

My beginning was at the end of World War II, a month before D-day. Some crazies were also developing machine that could calculate and store information. Today we call them computers. My first job was in Alaska working for the federal government helping set up some of the their first computers. After I quit that job and became a full-time live-off-the-land toymaker in remote Alaska, I bought one of the first personal computers and soon was training teachers in public schools how to use their new Apples. Now I just try to keep from hyperventilating while watching the electronic world fly by. I've been doing that at WOU since 2000, the same year I earned my Masters here.

What about you? How did you get connected to computers?

No comments:

Post a Comment